Overview – Cardiothoracic Surgery
Cardiothoracic surgery is the specialty involved with the treatment of diseases affecting organs within the thorax (the chest), principally the heart, lungs and oesophagus.Procedures are often lengthy and complex, requiring support from advanced forms of technology during surgery and intensive therapy for the patient after surgery.
It was the first specialty to use outcome measures to analyse and improve techniques and procedures, largely due to the fact that cardiac procedures carry a definite risk of death and outcomes can be sorted along binary lines (ie either the patient survived or they did not). The availability of these data allows us to see the great advances that have been made in terms of minimising risk to the patient, with more than 98% of patients now surviving heart bypass operations in India.
Why Choose Us
Wellness Hospitals department of cardiothoracic surgery has a team of specialists who have fully qualified in training and practice. Experts of cardiac, vascular, thoracic, and cardiovascular surgeries perform immensity in their treatment to heal and cure the problem and to provide a healthy and quality life to our patients. Our surgeons deal with simple to complex diseases at ease because of their beholding experience in the field of cardiothoracic.
horacic Diseases involve a wide range of conditions and so the diagnosis of them is.
- Diagnosis of thoracic diseases sometimes requires procedures or tests such as
- Computed tomography (CT scans)
- (Magnetic resonance imaging)MRI scanning
Wellness cardiac surgeons perform diagnoses such as:
- After our expert’s physical exam, evaluation, and analysis of the patient body, symptoms, and medical history. They perform personalized diagnoses, along with blood tests, urine tests there are some other curated diagnostic tests which includes
- Chest X-ray
- Cardiac magnetic resonance image (MRI)
- Holter monitoring
- Cardiac computerized tomography scan (CT)
- Cardiac catheterization
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
- Stress test
Cardiothoracic surgeons from Wellness Hospitals conduct various research and diagnosis with precision and thereafter start their extensive treatment. The thoracic surgeons undertake several surgeries such as
- Lung cancer surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Mediastinal tumours
- Oesophageal Hiatus Hernia
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis
- Esophagus cancer
- Chest problems
- Cyst in lungs
- Oesophageal Stricture, Chest Wall
- Lung volume reduction surgery
- Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Thoracic outlet compression
- Pectus surgery
- Key-hole thoracic surgery
And the complex surgeries related to cardiac are performed by our Wellness cardiothoracic professionals. They undertake the following spectrum of surgeries.
- Open Heart Surgery
- Pediatric cardiovascular surgery
- Modern beating-heart surgery
- Coronary Artery bypass
- Closed Heart S